As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

That Was Unexpected... Sunday, January 12

Add "got hit with ash from an erupted volcano" to the things I shouldn't tell my dad.

Today Taal Volcano erupted but it's been said in the news that this is just the beginning.  A much bigger eruption with lava is predicted to come in the near future though they don't know when.  Thousands have been evacuated as houses have been completely demolished and covered in this ash that is dangerous and poisonous to inhale. 

I felt it on my face before I heard about it in the news.  

I walked outside to walk Nama and felt ash falling on my face.  It looked like grey snow and I could smell it.  The ash continued for hours, all night actually, but when I had gone outside it had only started that hour so it wasn't really layered on the ground.  A couple of hours later, wow, different story.  In the news they told us to refrain from going outside, close all windows and keep all animals inside.  I ended up finding an undisrupted patch of grass under two large trees outside where the ash hadn't touched so I carried each and every one of my four dogs out individually to that spot for their pee breaks.  This lasted the rest of the evening and into the morning.  

No comments: