As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, October 20

1. On my way over to the elementary school I got my co-teacher to drop by the GS 25 store. I had forgotten to buy my grade 5 students juice for the big game today. She questioned me why I'd spend my money on the students and so I explained to her. However, in my explaining, I think she started to feel bad, I sensed it. Her homeroom class is my bad-boy class!
2. WOW! I was in pure shock as my bad-boy class (Eumbong Elementary School grade 6) filed into my classroom and, in the best of manners, said "Hello Ms. B. Good morning." She (their teacher) obviously had lectured them. This is my roughest class usually but today they were sooooo good! So in my pure shock and pure happiness, I agreed to help them throw an English Halloween party for next week.
3. As I had promised them, I played soccer with my grade 5 class today. Thankfully this time the injury count only included bad-boy Bryan and me who had collided head first into each other... ㅋㅋㅋ. My team, Team Fighting, won 1-0 against Team No-Die.
4. Bad boy Bryan was on my soccer team today and I think this soccer game really bonded us, seriously. I won't go into the details of Bryan's broken family (and lack there of it) but it's obviously causing trouble for him. He never wants to do anything but break rules and make his classmates cry. We only got one goal but that was all we needed to win. I had set him up for the goal and so when he scored, he ran up to me and gave me a huge high-five. He was all smiles.
5. Opted out of sitting with the teachers for lunch today. They don't speak much English and personally, I think they're boring... 심심해!!! Instead I sat with bad-boy Bryan. He had saved a set for me. I was surprised, he's never done that. He was still so pumped about our soccer victory! Team Fighting!!!
6. Spent my afternoon planning my English Halloween party.. brainstorming costume ideas, choosing games, and making costume awards. Oh baby... it's going to be fun! Bryan says I should be Park Ji Sung... ㅋㅋㅋ.
7. My co-teacher, Mrs. Jung, is convinced I am the master of lipgloss. I've got 3 in my purse, 2 in my desk drawer, and another 2 in my desk drawer in my classroom. I won't even mention how many lipglosses I have in total though... so bad! ㅋㅋㅋ
8. Spent time with little Ms. Wild Child... oh gosh! Not only did she try to molest my chest, but she also hit me in the head with her pencil and then bit my toe! After what seemed like hours, I finally went home. I jumped into the taxi and noticed my toe was still bleeding.
9. Ms. Wild Child's sister is apparently quite the expeditionist!!! Her mom and her were playing in the other room when she decided to strip down to her birthday suit and attack me. Her new name is the "Naked Tickle Monster". She's only 2 years old and so it was super funny but I felt uncomfortable picking up this nude child as she tried to tickle me. Crazy kids!!!
10. As a treat, Ryan surprised me by cooking me pumpkin. Since I've come to Korea, I've picked up some new favorites... and pumpkin is definitely one of my favorites! I just can't get enough pumpkin! I eat pumpkin soup, pumpkin ice cream, and I love pumpkin with syrup!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What is that child thinking?


QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
-- Albert Einstein

No comments: