As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Asia February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.
After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I'm at now, living in the land of the happy people.
The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love.
Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.
Thursday, March 22, 2018
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Monday, March 19, 2018
Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Investors will be informing me how much of an investment they're putting into Empowered.
- Decision to be made regarding the McKinley space with MegaWorld.
- Meeting with possible equipment supplier.
- Possibly collaborating with three new sponsors.
- Hosting a BoxHIIT session for an out-of-town company.
- Empowered women photoshoot.
- Will be a special guest on a Facebook live show.
- Empowered Patch Design Contest ends on Thursday.
- Launching the vote event for the Patch Design Contest.
- 10 business meetings.
- Approaching several local companies regarding sponsoring Empowered.
- Have to meet with all my incorporators for their signatures on the corporate papers.
- Possible meeting with one of the high end fitness facility's owners regarding a collab.
- Need to hand in my signed corporate papers for the final process.
- Going to get my Jourenda formated and then sent to the printers.
Biggest thing this week, I find out if Empowered has enough investment to say yes to the space.
Saturday, March 17, 2018
It all comes down to what goes down this Wednesday.
Less than a week, less than a handful of days.
I gave my investors until Tuesday/Wednesday to tell me how much they're investing and on Wednesday I have to tell MegaWorld whether or not we're taking the space. If I get at least 4 million pesos invested, I'm taking it. If I don't, I can't.
To want something so bad and to be so close to either getting it or losing it... wow.