As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, October 27

1. Finally decided on what I’d be for today grade 6’s Halloween party... a boxer! I guess my painted on black eye was pretty convincing because at my elementary school I was cautiously approached by many teachers... ㅋㅋㅋ.
2. As my students filed into class, some girls were frightened by the darkness of my classroom and the super scary sound effects I had blasting. I was so impressed and proud to see that all my students dressed up for today’s party! Although some quickly stripped down to their regular clothes (their costumes were too heavy or hot), I was so happy they were hyper about our party. Some of my students had even text messaged me in the morning to show their excitement! Awesome!
3. Various teachers came in to check out what all the commosion was in my classroom. Some took pictures of us with their cell phones while another teacher came in with his supped-up camera and took millions of pictures!
4. The best game by far was the mummy race. There was four teams and each team had to wrap up one member with the toilet paper. As you can imagine, it made for a super humorous but messy event. After we had this massive toilet paper fight... ㅋㅋㅋ.
5. At lunchtime I was approached by some grade 3 girls who eagerly wanted to show me something. I let them take me by the hand but was definitely shocked at what they showed me. There in the front lobby of the elementary school was a massive picture that took up half the wall. It was a picture of the school, some students and ME!!! Oh my gosh! There I was, in full view for everyone to see!
6. The party was such a huge success and so I returned to my middle school so super pumped and hyper. I showed everyone my pictures and they all joked about my black eye... ㅋㅋㅋ. Plan now is to treat some of middle school classes to a Halloween party on Tuesday. It’s going to rock!!!
7. Well, the water was scheduled to be shut off in Cheonan tonight and so I hit the road and headed out to Songtan knowing full well that I risked running into Yong Chan. And you know what, that’s EXACTLY what happened. There he was, standing there starring at me amongst the crowd. I of course am no fool and so I played sad and gave him a super quilt trip. Turns out he’s quite the “Bar boy” now… I don’t like him.
8. Good times with Gangster Boy, Greg. He had a good laugh at the fact that no sooner did I exit my taxi but there was Trouble Boy! Apparently Greg gets great amusement at how certain guys seem to smother me. Tonight’s “smothers” included Trouble Boy, Yong Chan, some older guy who wanted to play fight with me, and some little Spanish guy who claimed he was the best salsa dancer. I don’t even like salsa buddy!
9. Ventured over to the Road House and saw Choi... who, I should mention here, didn’t even remember my name. I was a bit insulted but I let it slide cause he’s... never mind. I know he's reading this!... ㅋㅋㅋ

10. Definitely had an action packed night hanging out with Gangster Boy and I was definitely impressed with how he smuggled me into the Young Chon Club. The waitresses believed his story that we were married. I can only imagine what they think of us and our supposed “marriage"...ㅋㅋㅋ. We entered together but chatted it up with other people…ㅋㅋㅋ. It’s the perfect marriage...ㅋㅋㅋ.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Common sense is not so common.
-- Voltaire

No comments: