As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, October 16

1. With only 3 hours sleep I really had to struggle to stay awake in Mr. PE Teacher's car on the way to school. At one point I fell asleep only to wake up to him looking at me and laughing. What's that all about?
2. I was sure a cup of coffee would help me but to my horror, there was no coffee in the school. This is impossible! Horrible... even scary! I tried not to make it obvious that I was scoping out whether or not my co-workers had coffee but I think they sensed my desparation. No one drank coffee today!
3. Dang, it's going to be a long week. I've already started my week off on a super sad note and with Kim Tae and Byung Hyuk entering their test week, I know it's bound to be a long, boring week. And if that wasn't bad enough, Andi's gone AWOL. She and Mark have gone on their trip and so now I can't even look forward to my evening girl talks (via email).
4. Honestly, I know I didn't fall asleep but I definitely zoned out in the teacher's room while standing looking at the time table board. Snapped out of it only to turn around and no one was there. Everyone had left. Turns out the whole school filed down to the gym for an assembly. Took advantage of the situation and searched again for coffee.. no luck.
5. Next week all the students are hosting a student festival and so each class is presenting a pop song. So far the selections of songs have been, well, interesting to say the least. My class 3-2 are singing "Summer Love" from the movie "Grease" and so I got a good laugh out of their obvious ignorance of the lyrics.
6. After giving a brief explaination of what they're really singing, Rupie's favorite English saying now is "She was good, you know what I mean!" Oh my gosh... ha, ha, ha. I had asked the class what they thought about the new female co-teacher and Rupie loudly sang out "She was good, you know what I mean!"
7. Well the school timetable was all flip-flopped, turned-around, turned upside down, and chopped up due to another assembly in the afternoon. The assembly ended much later than expected and so with only 10 minutes left to school I had no choice but to postpone their test till tomorrow... this caused them to switch into super hyper, jumping up and down, high-five mode. Wow!
8. In anticipation of a larger parent/teacher English class, I planned this super hype powerpoint lesson on occupations, complete with discussion questions and a role play activity. Well, only Mr. PE Teacher showed up and so that totally shot down my plans. Instead I ended up confusing by calling him a PE teacher and so that took 10 minutes to explain that it meant 'physical education'.
9. Got a ride home from Mrs. Math Teacher and, like always, she finds great amusement in stoping at this particular gas station where the dudes seem to flock our car. I guess I'm the only white skin they've seen... ha, ha, ha. She thinks it's super funny but it's rather uncomfortable sitting there while two strange dudes stand at my car window and stare at me. Thanks!
10. Ryan is officially my online personal-shopper... ha, ha, ha. Yesterday he picked out shoes for me, tonight it was pants. He took my measurements, made some calls, weighted out the choices, and then placed an order for some pants. My Victoria Secret pants should arrive in a week, great!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Will my butt look like that?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Abbracadabra
-- Sugar Ray

No comments: