As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, October 30

1. The drama is still continuing strong at school as the story of The Bully and The New Girl brings parents flooding into the school today for yet another meeting.
2. Turns out there’s another victim in our bully school story. She’s in level 1 and in the same class as The New Girl.
3. Tension and stress among us staff reaches yet another new and totally unexpected level as the second victim’s mother comes to the school to announce she is suing one of the teachers.
4. My parent/teachers' class was cancelled to day and I was so incrediably grateful. I got to escape the stress of the staffroom as they lectured more students and instead was able to spend some quiet time in my classroom.
5. Mom you’re right, some things you just have to leave to God. As I said grace today at the lunch table, I prayed for my school. I just want this all to be over with.
6. Despite the massive situation that engulfed us all here at Eumbong, I tried to lighten the mood and cheer my students up by surprising them with tomorrow’s plans. I’m going to throw them a Halloween party!
7. He’s alive! At training tonight Byung Hyuk showed up after two weeks of hibernating due to his exam period. So all three of us were at training tonight, Kim Tae, Byung Hyuk and me… back to the good old days. I really missed you!
8. Plans are to go out for dinner on Friday, just the three of us. I really missed hanging out with my friends and so I super excited about dinner on Friday.
9. Played badminton in my courtyard with some random neighbour of mine. She let me use her extra racket and so I let her win… ㅋㅋㅋ.
10. Late night chats with my new friend Dong-Su cheered me up and distracted me from thinking more about the situation at school. It was good.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
When is this going to end?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
-- Roy Disney

No comments: