As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

HIghlights of my Day... Saturday, October 14

1. Dang... realized I forgot my camera at school! Spent about 30 minutes looking for it in hope that I was wrong.
2. My day consisted of hibernating in my apartment and being Queen Lazy-Bum for the day.
3. Day 3 of my insane ab routine. It's 9 minutes of pure pain and today it left me sick afterward.
4. Had a totally Canadian breakfast... French toast, bacon and eggs.
5. Well, my day basically consisted sleeping and so my original plans to go to Seoul Grand Park were killed. Instead, I woke up late, took an early afternoon nap, and then took an early evening nap. In between sleeping and doing some more sleeping, I did some computer stuff but ya... pretty lazy today.
6. Had a date tonight with one of Korea's cutest Koreans. He showed up looking perfect... in total Korean style: blue jeans, white shirt and a black blazer (one of those totally Korean velvet blazers... I love that style). Korean men are so beautiful!
7. We went out for super spicy, suicide hot chicken at one of my favorite downtown hotspots where the chicken is so hot you're left with a numb tongue and your mouth feels like it's got third degree burns! I love it!
8. Got hugs from Mr. Soju Man... some Korean dude dressed as a big soju bottle (some kind of advertising gimmik). We posed for a picture on my phone and then he did a super cute happy dance... ha, ha, ha.
9. Pumpkin pudding ice cream at Baskin Robins (thanks Kim Tae... you've got me hooked on this flavor!) and then we went for coffee at Cheonan's new Starbucks! Bad choice on the coffee though. I ended up being sick of the super sweet caramel mocha latte I drank. Oh gosh.
10. Capped the night off with a midnight movie, "World Trade Center". Wasn't as impressed with it as I had originally anticipated.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Wow... where did you come from?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I saw Jesus and he had a water bottle in his hand.
-- from the movie "World Trade Center"

No comments: