As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, October 28

1. It's been a super long and draining week and today I got a phone call concerning Kimmy. I think I know how he died. Needless to say, that phone call killed my day but I had promised Shin Ho that I'd meet his fiance and so tonight I hopped on the bus and headed out to Seoul.
2. The initial plan was for me to stay for dinner and then possibly stay the night but after about 3 hours of basically just sitting there and smiling, I wanted nothing more than to be back in my cozy home in Cheonan. I couldn't stop thinking of Kimmy.
3. I tried to concentrate on what they were saying in Korean but they spoke way too fast and used way too much slang. The dinner party consisted of me, Oberon (Ryan), Shin Ho and his fiancé, and some other dude. It was obvious that both me and Shin Ho’s fiancé felt awkward. The boys were all caught up in reminiscing and us girls just sat there and smiled. I amused myself with text messaging Byung Hyuk...ㅋㅋㅋ
4. As if dinner wasn’t awkward enough, they then asked me to go to a singing room. I was tired, bored out of my skull and super eager to get home. Oberon totally put me on the spot and didn’t help me out so I got dragged out to the singing room.
5. Was in total shock as I sat there and listened to Shin Ho’s fiancé sing “Barbie Girl” by Aqua. Thankfully this super innocent and sweet girl had no idea what the lyrics meant. Oh my gosh! I felt bad for not enjoying the evening but like I mentioned earlier, it's been a rough week and this was just not helping!
6. By the time they let me leave I was too late for the train. I arrived at Seoul station 9 minutes after the last train. All trains had finished and the first morning train was scheduled for 5:50am. Needless to say I wasn’t impressed.
7. With almost 6 hours to kill, I wasn’t exactly happy! I tried to preoccupy myself by going to a PC room, jumping on msn with some friends, listening to my MP3, roaming the streets, and testing out my Korean on random people (most of which were homeless or drunk).
8. I’m glad many of you were entertained with my mishap! Byung Hyuk tried to help me out, Kim Tae thought it was funny, Jyung Hyoi got all stressed out about it, my mom got all philosophical, Amiee showed concern, and a guy I met in the station, Choi Hyun, laughed at me and tried to entertain me with conversation as we both waited for the first train.
9. 5:50am finally arrived and so I started my journey home. I ended up falling asleep and waking up to some old man slapping my knee. Apparently he thought I was in his seat and as I went to check my ticket I happened to look out the train window. We were at Cheonan! Oh my gosh! I jumped up and ran towards the door just as the train started to move!!! Luckily, I was able to open the door. Out I jumped as the train continued to move! I sat there giggling at the situation.
10. I was dying for some coffee and so I got the taxi driver to drop me off near Starbucks. Just my luck... it was closed and as I turned to walk away, it started pouring buckets! My home was only a two minute walk away. I arrived home soaked to the bone and with no coffee but I was SO happy to be finally there!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Could it get any worse?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth or the only truth.
-- Charles Anderson Dana

1 comment:

Johnny Ong said...

yr blog is really fantastic, how did u design it? need to learn some of it. and there are 3-D objects too. good!