As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Highlights of my Day.. Sunday, October 15

1. Must admit that my weekend wasn't too exciting. Today was basically a repeat of yesterday minus all the cat naps.
2. Online chatting with my good old friend Errol. We originally met in Korea but he has since long gone and is now back in Canada. I wish you were still here. Things would be so different for me!
3. Sorry Ryan but... dang... you smell! Stop eating all that cheese! Ha, ha, ha... nasty boy!
4. Karaoke time with Ryan lead into a silly dance-off. I'm not too sure what the heck he was doing. At first I thought he was having a seizure (just joking) but apparently his squirming in his chair was actually him showing off his new dance move. Oh my gosh!!! With moves like that, you're going to hurt someone! I one the other hand pulled out some Michael Jackson moves... soooo funny!
5. After going through about 160 different Korean Nike seller sites online, not only did I definitely learn some new Korean words but I finally gave in and admitted that I will never find my perfect shox shoe! I found the style but no one has my size. Resorted to picking a different one.
6. Since I've been in Korea, I've really been curious as to where Kimmy is. He was an international student who I had met in university. I was his super protective friend who later turned into his girlfriend for a brief period until he had to return to Korea. He's always had a special place in my heart. Finally got word today from a friend about Kimmy's where abouts. Kimmy died two months ago.
7. I wanted to scream! Instead, I kept quiet and didn't say anything to Ryan who sat beside me as I read the email. Why did I procrastinate some much on trying to track down Kimmy?! I felt so sick and ended up being sick in the bathroom but never told Ryan. I am so shocked.
8. Looking into doing my Masters online. Got any suggestions or words of wisdom?
9. Oh my gosh... Byung Hyuk IS alive. He's had his nose buried into his books lately cause of his upcoming tests and so I haven't heard from him. I think I'll be happier than anyone when midterms are over and done with. Kim Tae on the other hand.... I know what YOU did last night. Ha, ha, ha. I always love your surprise visits but tonight was hard for me. I didn't want you to see how sad I was. It was my secret today.
10. My sleeping patterns are officially shot. I have no sleeping patterns! I went to bed but had such a frustrating time trying to fall asleep and so I got up and decided to grove to some music, hoping that it'd tire me out. It didn't work. Finally dozed off around 3am only to have the strangest dream about Kimmy. I woke up convinced he had shouted my name. I woke up so many times last night! It was brutal!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Why?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
-- Samuel Butler

No comments: