As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, October 22

1. Had a dream that I was watching a football game and the team was desparate for a substitute player. I volunteered . Woke up right at the part when he threw the ball to me.
2. Met my co-worker's daughter, Jenny. She's a 15 year old girl that is as cute as a button, taller than me, and has traveled to more places that I probably will ever be able to! Among the many places she's been, she's visited Thailand, Hawaii, China, Japan, and various parts of the States too. Her dream is to go to Canada. Her English is great and I thought it was so cute how she refused to call me Amy and instead called me teacher and held my hand.
3. Jenny and I spent a good part of the afternoon together. We went shopping, ate ice cream, talked about boys, tried on jewelery and then headed to the photo booth shop to get our pictures taken and for more giggles. She's awesome!
4. Well, up until 4pm, my day had been perfect. However, at 4pm my mood came crashing down due to stupid text messages from Yong Chan. This boy just won't leave me alone!!! Today I recieved over 40 text messages from him. He is taking things too far!
5. For a guy who claims he's head over heels about me and promises to be the best friend ever, you Yong Chan are officially the most annoying, hot-tempered, immature, boring, totally pathetic, idiotic, superficial, self-absorbed person I've ever met and will ever meet in my WHOLE life!!! Not only do you bore me to death with your lame golfing stories and drive me mental with your make-believe drama, but now you're threatening to kick me to Canada and are threatening to fight me?! Your insults only serve to prove your stupidity and desparation! Two words for you... ANGER MANAGEMENT!
6. One last note Yong Chan, no, I don't need to get my boys to kick your butt. Not only do they not want to ever meet you but they think you're not a real Korean man in the first place. Go to the military like the rest of REAL KOREAN MEN instead of using your daddy's money to pay off the qovernment. But more importantly, I am fully capable of kicking your butt MYSELF.... you know that, I know that, they know that! You tell me when, I'd be there with bells on.
7. I refused to retaliate his pathetic and somewhat "creative" text messages. Instead, I called him and yelled at him. The call lasted 2 minutes. The rest of the evening I resisted replying to his loser messages. Greg, you were totally right. Yong Chan stinuks of danger and should be approached with EXTREME caution... mind ya, not approaching him at all is the best advice ever!
8. Tried hard not to think of the drama with Yong Chan and so I headed out with Kim Tae. We went for dinner and a movie. It was nice and Kim Tae really helped to calm my nerves.
9. We watched "Lady of the Water" and although it wasn't a really scary movie, I have really bad nerves and so I'm sure Kim Tae was really amused by the fact that I was jumping in my seat at numerous parts. My favorite character was the Korean girl who was totally Westernized but still talked like a typical Korean girl... ㅋㅋㅋ.
10. Despite the whole stupid Yong Chan stalking messages and harassment, I had a wicked day. I met an awesome girl, Jenny, and then had lots of fun with Kim Tae. I refuse to let Yong Chan spoil my love of Korea.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can you teach me how to catch a football?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Amy is beautiful.

-- Kim Tae's friend 남상준

No comments: