As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, October 19

1. Final day of having to give those annoying and super repetitious English conversation tests. Since I've been in Korea, my English has really deteriated so much that I started to wonder how I'd do if I was given the same tests... ㅋㅋㅋ.
2. Among my middle school students, there's definitely some students I feel more obligated to reach out to and have bonded with. Logan is definitely one of those students. He's been bouncing in and out of the lower and upper level 2 English class (due to his various test marks). Today he struggled on his test and he ended up running away from me and down the hall to the boy's bathroom.
3. I waited 5 minutes outside of the bathroom for Logan. He didn't come out and so I went in. He was sitting on the toilet lid with the door open and tears in his eyes. I knelt down beside him. I didn't know what to say and so I just rubbed his back.
4. Total awkward moment... another student walked in and saw me in the boy's bathroom with Logan.
5. Oh my gosh... she IS alive! Narae, it's so good to see that you really didn't drop off the face of this earth. One word of advice for you cutie, stay away from Jacob. He's a freak and apparently isn't afraid to say he's borderline stalker! Seriously!
6. Yes, Jacob. I don't like you... and it's not because you're not Korean (very funny, cheap excuse but no). You totally feed the American stereotype over here in Korea... not good!
7. Taught Sue's mom the "wink-wink" code. Sue got her hair permed, or should I say "digital dried... wink-wink", according to her mom. Ha, ha, ha. Sue is convinced she doesn't have a perma and it was so amusing to hear her argue it.
8. Played Transformers and Power Rangers with Sue. I love this mini Korean...ㅋㅋㅋ.
9. A little eager are we?! As I arrived home there sat Kim Tae. What's that you say Kim Tae? Did you just call me pretty AND beautiful?.. mind ya, he killed it when he also called me a pig but hey, that's what friends are for, good laughs!
10. Spooked myself a bit by taking a late night walk in "Pervert's Park" to find Ryan. Stumbled across three young police officers celebrating a birthday and eating birthday cake... it was so cute!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Does he love me, I want to know. How can I tell if he loves me so?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
If you want to know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss.
-- Betty Everett's song "It's in his Kiss"

No comments: