As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, October 26

1. My apartment security guard did it again! As I exited the elevator there he stood with an English newspaper for me! He’s got to be the sweetest and cutest old man I’ve ever met. After school I treated him to some oranges.
2. Curled my hair today in the morning and my students loved it! They humoured me by calling me “Sexy B” and “Sexy Teacher”… I’m so eager to get a perma. Straight hair is so boring!
3. Joke of the day... Mr. Ju is friends with the flies! As he humoured us female teachers by trying to pretend to throw live flies at us at the staff lunch table, we laughed and screamed. It caused quite a commotion among the curious students... ha, ha, ha. I had commented earlier that flies like smelly, dirty things and so we all had a good laugh at the numerous flies swarming Mr. Ju…ㅋㅋㅋ.
4. Tension rises definitely to a much higher level as the parents of various students storm into the school to discuss The Bully and The New Girl. Numerous relatives of The New Girl vented and expressed their disgust to The Bully and her sidekicks. I didn’t really understand all that was being said but wow, it was so intense it was almost choking me!
5. Sat at my desk during my prep and noticed a trend among us teachers… we’re all tired looking and skinner too! Apparently this whole Bully/New Girl issue is seriously effecting us.
6. My after school English drama club, F.S. Talents, performed the play I wrote for them, “The Dinner”. Mrs. Chung and I watched and posed as judges for the two groups. Somehow I came out of the meeting owing some kids pizza next week... How’d that happen?!
7. Came home and as I opened the door, I was totally taken off guard by the incrediably nasty and super strong stench that bombarded me and flooded my nostrils. Oh my gosh! Everything smelt like something had died.
8. Turns out Oberon (formerly named Ryan...ㅋㅋㅋ) forgot to take out the fish he used for the soup last night. I hadn’t noticed it in the morning but tonight, I definitely noticed it. I’m surprised my neighbours didn’t notice it!
9. Tomorrow I’m hosting a Halloween party for my grade 6 elementary students and I was still clueless as to what I’d wear for a costume. Spent a good part of my night preparing a powerpoint slideshow, group games, and prizes. It’s going to be great!
10. He’s alive... Hallelujah! Dudgeon the Curmudgeon is alive! After he hung up on me the other day I was clueless as to what really happened. Turns out his cell battery died.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's the solution?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
She was good, you know what I mean!
-- my student Rupie's favorite line from the class pop song

No comments: