As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, October 17

1. Yet another morning with only 3 hours sleep. This is brutal!!!
2. I am in jail, or so my eating habits at school suggest. Fish seems to be the theme at my middle school and well, I'm not a fan of cooked fish, sushi and raw fish yes, but not cooked fish.
3. Princess (the music teacher) thought she had this brillant idea when she gave all 148 students recorders (you know, that annoying musical instrument that sounds like a mix between a dying cat and a flute). So now, it's the newest obsession among my middle school students and instead of having chatty kids in class I now have to deal with noisy recorders.
4. By lunch time it was obvious that I wasn't the only staff member annoyed by these recorders... ㅋㅋㅋ
5. Lyndia, a student who everyone was sure would ace my English conversation test, bombed! She was so nervous and I tried to cut her some slack but it did not help. She was devistated!
6. My level 3 students are learning about fables and fairy tales so today we focused on "The Ugly Duckling". Lee, you can attest to this, I was the ugly duckling in high school and so today I humored my middle school students with my early year pictures. Oh my gosh.... don't remind me!!! Now, I don't consider myself a breath-taking beauty but I definitely don't cry over guys anymore. I use to think I'd never get a boyfriend cause I wasn't pretty and now I just wish my various "fans" would leave me alone... ㅋㅋㅋ.
7. Caught two of my middle school boys smoking behind the staff bathroom building. Now I know I'm regarded as one of the more easy-going and laid back teachers but I was so disappointed with them. There are some issues I just don't take lightly. I hate smoking (hint, hint... you). The boys were sure I'd let them off easy but instead, I made them put out their smokes and eat the nasty stepped on, half-smoked cigarettes.
8. Thank you to all those who sent emails and words of comfort with regards to Kimmy. Those of you he knew him understood just how blessed we were having him. Those of you who didn't know him, I am sorry. He was awesome.
9. He's back.... dang! Tonight someone kept on calling me on a restricted number. Finally I picked it up, it was Yong Chan. Then his text messages started up too. He seems to think we're destined to be together. I, on the other hand, know his destiny... a good kick in the butt if he doesn't leave me alone.
10. My numerous attempts to go to bed just weren't working and so I went to bed late again! Next time Kim Tae, just visit me instead of texting till 3:27am... ha, ha, ha. Looks like I'm not the only one having a rough week.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What is the point of smoking?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
It's never too late to become what you might have been
-- John Pasco

No comments: