As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, November 6

1. Today the school was flooding with visitors once again but thankfully today the guest list didn’t consist of angry parents. Instead, today we had a huge school show day and so lots of guests from the Asan Education Office came.
2. Apparently Mr. Ju and I have this weird relationship going on. We’re co-workers and friends but we both try so hard to make fun of the other person. Today he walked into the staff room looking so sharp in his silver suit. It was old-school but he looked great, he knew it too…ㅋㅋㅋ. The female teachers all eyed him and told him that it reminded them of a fish tail (which, I don’t know how that’s flattering but he was quite proud to hear it). I jumped in and said, “Ya, you’re just like a fish tail… smelly!” It was definitely the joke of the day! ㅋㅋㅋ
3. Mr. Ju sought revenge on me and then called me a pumpkin for the rest of the day. I thought it was a cute nickname but Kim Tae told me it meant I was ugly. Dang!
4. You know how there’s just some people that you instantly click with, well, two men who work for the Asan Education Office have clicked with me. The one man and me have lots of fun talking Konglish, whereas the other man and I both loving boxing and so we are buddies. So as all the suits walked through the door, I was relieved to see my two favourite Education men; Mr. Konglish and Mr. Boxer.
5. Mr. Konglish and I snuck out of the boring presentation, left the crowd and headed to the staff room for coffee and Konglish time…ㅋㅋㅋ.
6. After all the guests had left and the show was over, all us teachers headed up to the English room for a meeting. Mr. Konglish played his flute for us. It was so cute cause he’s been really practicing hard. My vice principle is also trying to learn the flute and so he was loving it!
7. All us staff went out for supper tonight at this little restaurant hidden away in Cheonan. The food was delicious and the waiter with his rocker-style hair was loving my Konglish!...ㅋㅋㅋ
8. It poured so heavy on our way home from the restaurant. Mrs. Math Teacher was driving me and it was her first time driving in the rain. What a night to pick too!!! She was so spooked and so I tried to calm her down but I just couldn’t stop giggling. It was so cute. She kept on saying “Road is too twinkly… too twinkly!”
9. Went out, sat down with Kim Tae and told him my side of the story. I envy him. He may be incredibly ignorant to love and life but things are so simple in his life.
10. It was very early in the morning, I was still awake and so I got to witness Korea’s first snowfall for 2006… cool. Byung Hyuk said that the first snowfall was special and tonight was definitely different in comparison to others, to say the very least…ㅋㅋㅋ.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What have I done?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Innocent as a dove you will harm no one, but wise as a serpent no one will harm you.
-- Haug

No comments: