As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, November 13

1. Woke up with mad bed-head…ㅋㅋㅋ. Wow! I must have had an intense dream.
2. I’m not too familiar with those who live in my building. Let’s see, there’s Mrs. Friendly Neighbour who insists on hitting me, the sweet Mr. Security Guard and his two sidekicks (Mr. Smirks and Mr. Big Grin), Mr. Bad Attitude and then this other guy, Mr. Morning. Mr. Morning and I almost always end up taking the elevator down together in the morning. It’s too coincidental though… some thing up is up with this dude. Anyway, we only say hi to each other but today he was so chatty with me. Turns out he witnessed the whole late night bus situation in Seoul last night! Oh my gosh…ㅋㅋㅋ.
2. Well, today was rather awkward. Let’s see… where do I begin. Because of the fact that tomorrow I have to attend the Asan English Festival, I don’t have classes tomorrow. So, someone thought it a great idea to stack my schedule today. It meant I had no time to prepare for classes or for Wednesday’s classes; I wasn’t impressed.
3. Mondays I have my parent/teachers’ after school English class and well, they gave me no time to prepare for it. I taught straight today with only a break for lunch. I desperately needed prep time to prepare for Wednesday’s elementary classes and so after regular classes I hid away in my classroom. No one found me and so my after school class was automatically cancelled.
4. It’s official… I will pursue the university position. I’m hesitant as to whether or not I want it but was persuaded into considering it due to what it’d do to my resume. Mind ya, the four month vacation definitely played a role in persuading me…ㅋㅋㅋ.
5. Announced to my co-teacher that I need Wednesday afternoon off. I only teach in the mornings on Wednesday but this Wednesday afternoon I have a job interview for a university position out of town. However, I blurted this out as we argued about today’s packed schedule and so I really put my foot in my mouth!!!
5. An hour later she came up to my classroom. I thought she was going to cry. My decision to give the university position thought is new news to her and so she was quite upset. I felt so bad that I had made her sad and let her down but she doesn’t understand. I need to think more long term and in regards to my future as oppose to just today.
6. The schedule was all flipped upside down today and so I ended up having class 3-1 twice today. With no time to plan stuff and a lack of motivation to wing it, I humoured them with my weekend adventure in Seoul and chatted it up with them about boyfriends and girlfriends…ㅋㅋㅋ.
9. My Eumbong boy band practiced in front of their peers today and so the girls screamed while the other boys sat there wishing they too were in the boy band. It was so cute. They’ve got groupies!!! ㅋㅋㅋ.
10. My planned work… Kim Tae quit smoking today and the promise is back on… if he stays clean, so do I. Please Kim Tae, I’m begging you… please don’t smoke again! I don’t think I can spare the second lung…ㅋㅋㅋ.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Don't you think I smell like a flower?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Boys are cute but not so smart.
-- Me

1 comment:

Beloved said...

Good luck with the university interview! That's so exciting. The vacation will be wonderful. . .