As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, November 11

1. Dreamt that I met Keanu Reeves at a restaurant. He had recognized me from “Matchmaker” (a popular dating show I starred on) and then he asked me for my autograph. Seems like even in my dreams I can’t escape the notorious sausage-making, chocolate-licking episode…ㅋㅋㅋ
2. Bought Dr. Na a box of pepero and ventured over to his office for my one month eye appointment. He wasn’t there and so I had to deal with the other doctor. The doctor said my eyes had healed perfectly and so I was so happy. I celebrated by giving my eyes a little rub, it felt so good to be able to itch my eyes now cause I haven’t touched my eyes for a month!
3. Bought a box of pepero for my security guard. He told Ryan he was so honoured to receive them and appreciated me for always being sweet to him. Ahh… it’s my pleasure.
4. Went out with Kim Tae tonight and after watching him smoke way too many cigarettes I finally reached frustration. He says he smokes because of me and so I reached across the table and snatched up his cigarettes and lighter. I tried to light up a cigarette but Kim Tae wrestled me and won.
5. Was rather frustrated and confused by the staff at the bar. As Kim Tae physically wrestled me for the smokes, we were quite loud and yet no staff member was concerned. So, as we left the place I gave the girl at the bar an evil eye. I thought it rather rude that they’d let a full grown man force himself on me and they not at least approach me to see if I was ok.
6. Well I did…. I smoked my first cigarette. I was clueless as to which pack to buy and I’m sure the GS 25 store attendant was quite amused by this fact. I bought the prettiest box, a lighter and then headed up to the 14th floor balcony to try it.
7. I’ve never touched a drug and have never smoked but out of all the various things I’ve never experienced, I’m most curious about cigarettes. My first attempt resulted in me practically coughing up half a lung! It was awful but I had promised Kim Tae and Byung Hyuk that if they didn’t stop smoking that I’d start.
8. Coincidently no sooner had I taken a few puffs, but then Mr. Security Guard came and interrupted me. I was shocked to see him on the 14th floor balcony and I ended up burning a hole in my sweater as I tried to hide the lit cigarette.
9. Smelly Amy!!! Now I smell like you Byung Hyuk and Kim Tae... smoky!

10. Ended my night by watching “Pride and Prejudice” with Ryan… he picked the movie… ㅋㅋㅋ I don’t think he knew it was such a chick-flick…ㅋㅋㅋ. He fell asleep a hour into it. Turns out the “Coles Notes” I used to study this in university were WAY off…ㅋㅋㅋ.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Why would anyone want to smoke these nasty smelling sticks?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Monkey see, monkey do.
-- Author Unknown

1 comment:

Beloved said...

Hey! None of that! I have probably smoked the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes during my lifetime and about half of that was smoked in Korea. There is just way too much smoking going on in that country. SG quit for me when we first got together--something I am eternally grateful for. I love that smoking in public is pretty much a thing of the past in the U.S. now.