As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, November 2

1. More parents storm into the school and more students crying … I’m beginning to think that “These are the Days of Our Lives” here at Eumbong Middle School. Dang, this is getting way out of control!
2. Was rather confused when Ryan and Logan entered my lower level 2 English class. I was pretty sure they were in my upper level 2 class but didn’t give it much thought until their teacher came and pulled them out of class. Five minutes later they returned. Apparently they had skipped their class to attend my class and then argued with their teacher over it. Ha, ha, ha… Mrs. Jung says they’re my “groupies”… awesome.
3. On Thursdays I teach an after school English drama club but it’s only for a select group of students. Logan tried to convince a fellow student to switch with him so he could be in it as oppose to playing basketball. He’s definitely one of my favourites!
4. Treated my after school English drama club to a pizza party. We watched a bit of the move “Shallow Hal”… ya, not exactly appropriate for them. Oh my gosh. They had picked it from the English video library but 5 minutes into the movie I realized maybe it wasn’t the best of choices. The boys of course loved it!
5. Awesome… one of my prized students, Vanessa, joined my after school club! Cool! Over this past summer we spent so much time together preparing her for the big Asan English contest (in which she scored 1st place!!!) and so we definitely bonded. She’s like a little sister to me.
6. Got an email from yet another person who’s a follower of my blog… Thanks… I always love getting feedback about my homepage… hint, hint… sign the guestbook! … ㅋㅋㅋ
7. Had a super heart-to-heart with Mrs. Kim (Sue’s mom) about relationships after Sue put me on the spot and asked me when I was going to get married. Wow… “Get married to who?”, I asked her. Funny kid. Get married?...hmm…. I didn’t know what to say so I said, “Well, if ice cream was a man, I’d already be married to him.”… ㅋㅋㅋ. She laughed but it’s true. Ice cream is the way to my heart.
8. Our heart-to-heart talk left me choking on tears and rather embarrassed but it also definitely made me see things in a new light. Thanks Mrs. Kim… you definitely upgraded your status in my “Top Ten Koreans” list.
9. Kicked that cute Korean girl’s butt at badminton tonight!!! Mind ya, my spike almost took her eye out but it won me the game. She’s some random neighbour here. She doesn’t speak a word of English and so it’s pretty interesting playing with her.
10. Went the whole nine yards tonight with treating myself to a relaxing night. Made myself noodles with two eggs, a huge glass of milk, blasted my Sade music (I love her music) and eat dinner while soaking in my bathtub infested with bubbles-galore! Had my original meal had turned out, it would have been perfect! Toped it off with some green tea ice cream. Cool baby!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
When are you getting married?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
No guy is worth your tears and when you find the one that is, he won't make you cry.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: