As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, November 9

1. Woke up to realize that someone had been slipped through my window and crept into bed with me. I didn’t see him, I didn’t hear him, but I woke up and discovered traces of him… one bite on my shoulder, two on my wrist and two on my right hip. He was a crazy Korean mosquito and so I’m sure to be itching for days!
2. I’m sure my students must have thought I was a pervert cause I itched all day. All it took was one scratch on my right hip and then I was hooked. I just couldn’t stop…ㅋㅋㅋ.
3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!! Today marks the one month anniversary of my new eyes! It was on this day one month ago I took the plunge, forked over way too much cash, and got lasik eye surgery! It was the scariest day of my life and I still have nightmares from the surgery but I have no regrets!
4. Today was the last day of level 3 class testing and so today I only had two classes to teach. As much as I thought I liked the free time, it’s too much. By lunch I was desperately looking for something to amuse myself with.
5. Amused my after school English drama club (F.S. Talents) with a silly game I use to play when I was in school (mind ya I changed it a bit). The game is called “M.A.S.H.” and it’s a childish way of predicting your future. It's total nonsense but fun. You pick random things based on categories that your partner has designated.
6. According to M.A.S.H, I am destined to have no children, have my own jet, move to Togo, live in an apartment, change my name to “Banana”, become a doctor, and marry Kim Tae who’s destined to be a gangster. Oh my gosh!!!...ㅋㅋㅋ
7. Thankfully my supposedly predicted future isn’t as bad as some of my students…ㅋㅋㅋ. Robert is destined to have 13 children, Jack is marrying the very classmate he can’t stand, Joshua is moving to North Korea, Linda is going to live in a shack, and Crystal is going to become a police officer but will marry a professional killer. ㅋㅋㅋ
8. Tomorrow’s the one year anniversary of my first kiss with Ryan and so I had asked Sue’s mom for advice. She told me to “exchange underwear”. I was somewhat confused but thought she meant buy each other underwear. Turns out she literally meant what she said and that we should wear them too! Oh my gosh… isn’t that perverted?!!! …ㅋㅋㅋ. I'm not into that!
9. Am convinced the best invention ever, that’s still yet to be invented, is a way of blocking a person from calling you. I know you can block phone numbers but nothing’s stopping that person from calling from a random pay phone…. Hint, hint, Yong Chan! I’d like o call him annoying but what he is is definitely way beyond that!

10. Korea fighting!!! Korea played Japan today in soccer and as Ryan sat there totally stressed out over the sudden death shoot-out, I couldn’t help but be amused. He was watching so intensely and so I didn’t dare tell him it’s only a game. Korea lost.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I never think of the future, it comes soon enough.
-- Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Beloved said...

You are a very wise woman because you know that soccer between Japan and Korea is never just a game. It's quite literally a matter of national honor! And I'm not even joking.