As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Tuesday, November 7

1. My level 3 students are writing tests for the next three days and so it meant that I got to sleep in late, eat out and then stroll into work at 11am. Sweet! It also meant I only had 2 classes to teach…. Even sweeter!!!
2. I use to have a cat named Bobo. She was notorious for killing anything she could get her claws on but the problem wasn’t her mad spree of killing, it was the fact that she use to bring them to us in the house. Someone once told me that it meant she was trying to show us that she loved us by offering these dead creatures. Well, today Mr. Ju “offered” me a dead fly. He snuck up behind me and put in on my desk. I suppose this seals our friendship…ㅋㅋㅋ.
3. As I stood in class talking I couldn’t help but notice some of the boys starring at me. At first I thought nothing of it but then it started to bother me cause they seemed to be staring at my waistline. Turns out they thought my lace tank top peeking from under my shirt was the top of my underwear and so it was the talk of my level 1 middle school boys today! Oh my gosh!
4. At Eumbong we’ve had various English pop song contests throughout the school term. I had promised them I’d learn a Korean song for the next concert and so today I sat down today and mastered about 1/3 of PSY’s song 안젠가는. I have absolutely NO idea what I’m singing but I love that song…ㅋㅋㅋ.
5. Next week my Eumbong boy band is performing at the Asan English Festival and so today they entertained me with what they’ve been working on. My body was instantly covered in goose bumps (chicken skin) when I heard how beautiful their voices sounded together… WOW!
6. Worked with the boy band on their pronunciation and that was rather amusing but uncomfortable. Getting them to repeat lines like “I kiss you, I touch you, I love you all over” is just not what I think is appropriate for them to be singing, but then again, I had no say in picking the song. Hopefully this is one of those cases where they don’t understand what they’re really singing!!!
7. With Ryan out of town, I haven’t gone grocery shopping for almost 3 weeks and so my meals and snacks are getting rather pathetic. Tonight’s super consisted of oily peanut butter on stale rice cakes, kimchi and a half mushy apple…ㅋㅋㅋ
8. Tonight was both the worst and best work-out at the gym, let me explain. It was the worst because the farthest I got to working out was showing up at the gym and putting on my shoes. However, it was the best work-out because I got to sit down with Byung Hyuk and have a really good heart-to-heart talk.
9. I’m no longer a university student (thank God!!!) and yet tonight I got university homework….ㅋㅋㅋ. I agreed to help out Byung Hyuk with his homework and so now I have to read this poem and dissect the meaning. Don’t worry… I’m a English professional… ㅋㅋㅋ.

10. Wow... turns out my homepage has a pretty diverse following! I initially started this homepage to amuse myself but it's now been over a year since I stated it and now my readership is huge! Thanks to all who have taken the time to sign the guestbook, left messages on my tagboard, or have emailed me regarding my homepage. It's definitely really cool to get feedback and to see who's really out there paying attention. THANK YOU!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: