As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, November 1

1. Oh my gosh… someone almost hit Robo-Cop!!! Everyday when I go to work I see Robo-Cop. He’s a human advertisement for a local car company. Mr. PE Teacher always thinks it’s funny cause I giggle so much every time I see him and I always wave to him…ㅋㅋㅋ.
2. Today more parents came in to complain about the Bully and so I’m getting really fed up with this whole situation. My morning routine now includes making a morning coffee, arranging the extra chairs and stocking up on tissues for the various students and parents who’ll be joining me in the staff room and crying. This is rotten!
3. Talk about a huge refreshing change! Today I taught my elementary classes. I’m always amazed at the super high energy levels my elementary kids bring to class. They’ll do anything I ask as long as it’s made into some kind of competitions. Our competitions range from spelling to singing, and even dancing competitions! Competitions mean more ways to get stars and the more stars your group gets, the more likely you’ll win the weekly prize… choco pies!!!! ㅋㅋㅋ They go crazy for choco pies! These things are worth their weight in gold!!!
4. Today’s competition was a quiz/spelling game. They got so competitive that some girl ended up throwing her pencil case at another student cause she thought the other girl had looked at her answers….ㅋㅋㅋ Talk about tough competition!
5. Ahhh… the bus schedule is back to normal and so I’m back to supervising the other teachers’ students on the Wollang elementary bus. The Little Scrapper who always picks fights with EVERYONE gave me his jelly cup. They had given us a jelly cup each at lunch. The kids go crazy for them and I love them too but today the Little Scrapper gave me his. I guess this was a kind of peace offering to me or him showing that he accepts me. Apparently I’m one of the rare few that this little guy accepts.
6. Like every Wednesday and Friday, I return to the middle school only to have to preoccupy myself for about 4 hours. Today I spent a good 2 hours at school studying Korean. Humoured my middle school students by acting out some of the online Korean dialogues. They never fail to be amused with my Korean… ㅋㅋㅋ
7. Finally gave in and told one of my co-workers that his rampage bug-killing with his nasty old flyswatter is really gross! He stopped for about 5 minutes and then continued. Thankfully he no longer kills the flies near me but it’s still so gross.
8. Rumour has it Kim Tae has a girlfriend. Hmm..
10. Ended my night by pushing myself a bit too hard with training. After working out at the gym I then came home, skipped for 20 minutes and then ran up the stairs to the 20th floor and back.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
When are you coming home?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone - but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding.
-- Bette Davis

No comments: