As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, November 8

1. Taught elementary today at Wollang. I love their super pumped attitude about learning English but today’s energy level got a bit out of hand and so their homeroom teacher stormed in and freaked on some students. He grabbed my pointer stick (wooden chopstick) and hit my student so hard the stick snapped on the boy’s shoulder! Ouch… that’s got to hurt!
2. With the principle and vice principle out for the day, Mrs. Chung said I could leave early, great! Turns out there’s only one taxi driver in the Eumbong area, or so it seems cause I coincidently always get the same driver, Choi Byung Su.
3. In joking around with Mr. Choi, I apparently misunderstood him and agreed to what I thought was he asking me if I like Korean men. Next thing I knew it, we had arrived at my building and then he followed me in. I turned around totally confused and he had this huge grin on my face. Thankfully my building’s security played the role of the hero in this story and so he confronted him. I don’t know what he said but Mr. Choi then said sorry and left.
4. Joke is I can’t keep a hair style/colour for more than a month and well, it’s been a month and so I went to my regular hair salon to change things up. She wasn’t there and so I went to a neighbouring hair salon.
5. Walked into the hair salon and there stood one of Cheonan’s finest woman… a stunning 35-year-old Korean lady named 시안 (She An). She and I are very similar in stature, minus the obvious fact that she’s Korean and I’m Polish/Austrian. She’s got long wavy mermaid hair and a smile that just radiates. Turns out she loves studying English and was a very successful and well-known stylist in Seoul.
6. After chatting with She An for almost 3 hours, I decided I had to go. She tried to convince me to stay by offering me tea but it was getting late. We exchanged numbers and promised each other we’d be good friends.
7. Spent too much time and money at the hair shop only to realize that I’ll probably be the only one that will notice the difference.
8. Apparently many of you have been very entertained with the drama I’ve found myself in… but, these are the days of MY life and so unfortunately I don’t find it quite as entertaining. I’m glad you’re amused by some advice would be much appreciated. I will say this though, my mom once told me, “You can chose who you date but you can’t chose who you love” and apparently I’m coming to the realization that she was right on the money with that comment.
9. The more I try and try to convince myself, I just can’t get comfortable with the situation I’ve found myself in. Maybe my heart isn’t as broken as I thought it to be. It’s just confused. Kim Tae eagerly trying to distract me is definitely not helping, I’m sorry but it’s true. I wish I could just switch love off and on but I think it’s stuck… I’m stuck and there’s only one person who can honestly help me…. Ryan.
10. He’s back… Ryan strolled into Cheonan today and so the plot line thickened as he sat inside my house and Kim Tae sat outside, both waiting for me. On his way over, Ryan got into a scooter accident today. God was definitely looking after him though. He had misjudged a turn and ended up colliding into the side of the road wall while in full speed, then slide across the road on his side. Miraculously he got up and walked away with only a few scratches on his scooter, a few bruises and one interesting story.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's your advice?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Love sucks.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: