As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another Year, Another Label... Sunday, February 24

I think I may have sold myself to the devil or sold Pyen Chi to it because though food is the way to my heart , Pyen Chi is definitely the way to Snickers’. And I used her as a pawn in our business bickering over the interior design. This situation actually started yesterday, when we just couldn’t see head-to-head about the floor plan outline and colour scheme. We both have very different ideas as to how to set up the club and how we want to look but today a deal was made. The deal was that I’d agree to let Snickers breed her if I got interior designing power and control over the floor plan. 

I’m not too sure as to why Snickers is so excited to breed her.  I’ve warned him that under no circumstance are we going to keep one of her babies. Perhaps he’s excited because he knows this will help make her reach her maximum size or maybe it’s because of who we’ll be giving her babies to. Two of my friends have been asking us for some time about wanting her baby as has one of my sister-in-laws too. It’d be pretty cool if my nephews, the twins, had a mini Pyen Chi. They have a big house on a large lot on the outskirts of Cheonan so their pup would be well loved and have lots of play space. 

So while today marked Pyen Chi’s second birthday, it also marked the last day of her as an adopted sister and friend as this deal was agreed upon, sealed with a kiss, and concluded with us calling up the breeders we know. Tomorrow she’ll be heading off to the breeders and the hope is she’ll return as Mama-to-be Pyen Chi. 

This week Balboa will be going in for surgery so in a couple of days it will just be us and Pac. I’m hoping to use this time to really focus on training him. It’s so incredibly hard to train him with the other two around. Pyen Chi is super well behaved and understands the whole stop-and-wipe-your-feet when we come in. She knows about 7 different commands.. and then there’s Balboa. He knows many of the similar commands but doesn’t care to obey them. Let’s see how Baby Pac does.

No comments: