As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Hit the road today so that we could head out and check some training clubs.
Checked out a couple of MMA clubs because of their attention to crossfit and just to get some extra ideas, contacts and information.
This particular MMA club was out in Suwon.  We're friends with the manager but he was out today so we met one of his coaches, a young good-looking guy.  Snickers said he looked a bit rough but I thought his scarred under eye was a huge part of his tough-guy attractiveness.  "Girls dig scars" I told him... hahaha.
Twenty-two kettle bells, awesome.  Kettle bells are very much a part of our needed inventory.  I love them!
We didn't know the manager of this next club, hence the "secret camera" shots I took.
By far, this particular manager has got to be the smartest and most though-out business owner in the field of fitness clubs, wow.  "He's scary-smart!" I told Snickers and I was right. 
Ended our out-of-town day trip by stopping by the new tattoo shop.  It's a side business we're connected to.  My tattoo artist buddy, Chi Cha, left last week, headed back to Thailand so today I met his replacement.

No comments: