As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 21, 2013


I washed AND combed my hair today, second time in a week.  That's huge in my world.
I did it because I thought Snickers was taking me out for a mid day date.
Turns out he was taking me to go study, at Kyobo Bookstore.  
I put on clothes for this?!  Heck I even put on earrings AND my wedding ring.  You know I am "dolled up" when I wedding ring.
Oh the irony of these books: "The Chocolate Diet", "Skinny Bitch", and "The 17 Day Diet".
Trust me, after the chocolate diet this so-called skinny Bi+@# is going to need a diet but I doubt a 17 day diet will help her.  She'll be back to that chocolate in no time.
Hard training + clean eating + wanting it bad enough are the only three ingredients you need to lose weight but it's not about dieting.  It's about making a lifestyle out of it, not just appointing 17 days or whatever.
I meet Arnold Schwarzenegger and apparently he's fluent in Korean!!!
Ok, so it was just his "Bible of Bodybuilding" that I ran into and not him but it still got me excited.  It was a hard read and my head hurt.  Them providing what few translations, of which I already knew, didn't really help.   
After all that hard work, having to really test my Korean reading skills with the texts, we returned to Mi Gung for a light afternoon snack.  Meal 2 of 6.  I've now upped my caffeine tolerance so I had a double espresso, a fresh crispy apple and some homemade delish almond butter for dipping my apple.  Thanks to Cat for that!!!

No comments: