As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In Need of a Shower... Wednesday, February 27

I’ve reached a whole new nasty level of nastiness and I was caught in all my nastiness when all of a sudden a friend, one of my Flipside Fitness gals, showed up unexpectedly at my house. Snickers thought nothing of opening the door to her and obviously disregarded the fact that the two of us were right in the middle of a business meeting, which meant I was sitting naked on the couch when she arrived. Instantly I jumped up and told them to wait. Ran into the clothes room and threw on some clothes. A minute later I came out, still looking very rough but not naked and I had washed my face. 

I spend my days slaving over business dealings, planning and Internet surfing for ideas and information, having continual meetings with sponsors and with Snickers, and making numerous phone calls. This week I’ve only showered twice, combed my hair once and, if it weren’t for my fear of the dentist and consequently my obsession with brushing my teeth, I’d probably be sporting some nasty, extended morning-mouth too. With the weather still being somewhat chilly, I can get away with putting on clothes and instead simply throw on my Adidas training windbreaker two-piece over my naked bod, throw my hair into a ponytail and sport a pair of runners when I have to leave the house, though today I did get "dressed up" for a morning coffee date. 

Ok, so perhaps that doesn’t sound too nasty, well, perhaps I should tell you what I did before my friend showed up expectantly at my house. Ok, so I went to bed at 5:30 this morning and I felt like I had only got a wink of sleep when suddenly Snickers’ phone started ringing like crazy. It was the breeders. Pyen Chi had escaped her cage -- a five and a half foot high cage -- and though she hadn’t exactly ran way, she surely was being quite the impossible lady to catch. 

I tell you, nothing like a crazy wake up call like this to really jolt your system. The breeder’s house is a good thirty minute drive away; we made it there in fifteen. Pyen Chi was definitely enjoying her freedom and looked like a prancing deer in the neighboring rice fields, jumping up and down with her tail wagging. Upon seeing our van, see ran right up to us as we drove in. Catching her was super easy, getting her back in the cage was another thing however. Snickers scooped her up and I went into the cage to hold back Khan. 

Some people ride horses, others ride bulls, well today I rode a 80kg Tibet Mastiff – Khan. I had wrapped my arms around his neck to hold him back but his 80kg strong body was like a wicked force to weaken with. I ended up wrapping not only my arms but also my legs around his body. He walked a good meter with me on his back and then he sat down.  Down I slid. 

Nothing like starting your morning off wearing quite possibly every bodily fluid a dog could possibly smear onto your clothes and hands… and face!

No comments: