As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Bringing WOW to the Races

The WOW family, work 'family' that is, and me.  Four of us were doing the 10km and two were doing the 5km.  Great group of guys, they may not speak a word of English but they always try to make me giggle whenever I visit them at their shop.
And look at who I found at the starting point -- my Flipside Fitness ROBO Time running partner.  I knew she'd be running today but I didn't anticipate honestly finding her before the race started.
So with the WOW family and my Flipside fierce femizon, we mingled at the starting line and then headed out to do our best.
I ended up separating from our crew and really kicking my own butt out there on the road.
It was a grueling race, I really pushed myself, so when I arrived at the finish line and was greeted with opening arms by one of my former boxing buddies I didn't even know was participating, it definitely was a sweet surprise.  And look at who else I found... BLACK SKINNY!!!
Watched WOW race in and together my friends and I cheered him on.
Leave it to Snickers to entertain us all with just how many boiled eggs and walnut cakes he could sneak... hahaha.  Each runner got one egg, one water and one box of walnut cakes in addition to the lunch they provided -- Snickers grabbed more than one runner's share!!!

No comments: