As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Healthy-Packed Full Day


I kicked off the start of winter running with a 8km run today.  Ran in the falling snow which means I got absolutely soaked!!! This isn't Canada; an umbrella is very much a needed accessory in the snowy weather as it is in rainy weather.
I took this snap shot of our club security cameras and I'd like to call it "Pure Dedication"
Snickers is so set on getting this coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy up and running that he went in shortly after 8am to work on it again.  For those of you who know our work hours and the late time we usually go to bed, 8am is pretty brutal for us to be awake at.
He wasn't the only one who tried to get it up and running.  King Kong left work and drove in from the outskirts of Asan to help out as did K-Gere (my father-in-law) and we even had a very special visitor from the Cheonan Jail take his stab at it too.
 The anticipation of getting this bad boy up and running seemed to capture the attention of all.
Others stuck to training hard and upping the intensity of training to beat the chill of the club.
Later in the evening, we then stopped all training and watched as our friend and fellow coach from BEAT Boxing here in Cheonan fought for the WBC Bantam Weight title.
There were ten of us and for those long 12 rounds, we were glued to the TV and all our concerns over the chill of the club seemed to disappear.
And by the end of the work day, the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy was working at full force -- victory!!!

No comments: