As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 03, 2013

An Overload of Food

 It was a short work day today and it was a good thing too because we at Hulk's surely got spoiled.  I can't imagine the additional spoiling action that would have resulted had we stayed open longer.
It was a friend-full day -- many friends visiting us with gifts of food.
First it was the fish bread.... ohhhh fish bread.  I gave Pyen Chi my share.
... and then it was the fully-loaded surprise pizza party that WOW brought to the club.  This overly cheesy, potato-bombarded pizza came fully equiped with 9 side dishes, extra pickles and oh-so-tempting spaghetti.  I joked by asking him if this was his attempt at sabotaguing me for the upcoming "Next Time" 10km race.  He just smiled and giggled.
Again, I gave Pyen Chi most of my share while I stuck to eating the side tuna salad.
Every day we get visitors but we always love it when our visitors are former members telling us they're coming back or good friends.  On Friday I was so pleasantly surprised by two female members who have since moved away for university.  Today we had two guys visit us -- one is a friend and former member of ours and the other is Snickers' "twin".  K-Gere also stopped by.

No comments: