As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Healthy Overdosing on Grade A Goodness

My day started off with a good strong dose of sweet and solid boy buds.
We've got a good healthy dose of high school boys now training at Hulk's and it's hilarious how a couple of them respond to me not just because I'm a foreigner but because I'm a female coach.
Later on, when they were getting ready to leave, I accidentally bumped into one kid so I said sorry.  He responded by getting all flustered and randomly saying "Thank you".  Not exactly the right  response but considering his lack of English he was limited in what he could say, so I joked and said in Korean,  "Ya, I'm sure you are thankful".  It was too funny!!!
 And speaking of healthy doses, perhaps our bombardment of online ordering was maybe not the healthiest for our club books but they were needed things... and there's still more to come.
Those massive white boxes, 24 chicken breasts and 10 things of spicy beef soup.
Our coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy remains the place to be at Hulk's when you're not busting your butt at training.  Today we slapped on some dry squid on it for our members while some members decided to stick with just using it to warm up.
Pyen Chi has been officially nicknamed "Lotto Lady" on account that she randomly turns into a little miss grumpy pants, minus the pants that is.  Here the Bo Sisters are trying to have some girl time with her and she just was not interested. 
And here I am trying to have some foolish fun time with one of my members that oozes of silliness.
I really should come up with a nickname for him but for now he'll remain as Kato's sidekick. 
Pyen Chi's quite happy with him being her sidekick though... hahaha.
 Of the many deliveries that arrived today, one of them was our Adidas winter training suits.  They're lined suits that keep us snug and warm but Snickers argues that perhaps my Polish tush and kangaroo legs are a bit too snug in them.  Apparently I no longer have the too-snug chest problem though.

No comments: