As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Working at Home... Monday, November 25

This wasn't the initial entry I had typed up for today.  Originally, I wrote about the social-media flush I did on Facebook today, how I started it with 832 friends and being a member of 19 different groups, then how I ended my social flush with 737 friends and only being attached to 8 different groups.

But after I sat down and typed it all up, it left me feeling like I had contradicted the whole point of doing it -- doing my social-media flush.  It left me feeling a bit drained having had focused on it more so that I could type about it.

So this is entry two of two with the first entry now deleted.

Today I didn't go to work.  I didn't expect to not go into work but instead was told by Snickers that maybe I should take the day off.  He knew I had some errands to do and was a bit behind in preparing something I'm doing for our club members so today I got to play catch up. 

Things I did today...
washed and hung two loads of laundry
vacuumed and washed the floors
cleaned the house
did a little bit of my homepage
light grocery shopping
finished shopping for my Christmas surprise
organized the Christmas decorations
did some iHerb shopping
caught up on emailing
worked on some files that needed translating
brainstormed some work-related ideas for next year
worked on the books
headed out for a jog with a personal training client
watched early afternoon movie with my two favourite four-legged boys
did some command training/practice with Pac
 
... missed working at the club!!!
 
It's funny because most people in Korea get one day off.  Most foreigners, unless they chose to do extra classes or private tutoring, get at least two days off.  When I worked at Dankook University, I got three days off and then I had four days off a week when I worked at Suwon Science College; mind you my super short week day out in Suwon was because I stacked my classes and loaded up them all on only three days.  Regardless, my point is I officially have Saturday off -- one day.  There's usually always some kind of work-related thing that happens or gets done on Saturday, whether that be club grocery shopping, going in to clean because my cleaner kid didn't come the night before or computer work at home.  My day off is never really my day off.  Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm complaining.  I love my job, I think that's pretty obvious, but lately I've been taking a week day off and when I do I am bombarded with members texting me, asking me if I am ok.  Everything is ok.  I've just bit off more work than I can chew so I've stayed home so I can digest it and work on it in peace.  No Girls Generation blasting for me today and thankfully no G-Dragon with his silly "Get your Crayon On" song... how is that physically possible anyways?! 
 
Anyways, it was nice to stay home and get some work done but I couldn't help but tap into the club's security cameras and feel I was missing out on all the action.  I really did miss the club and our members but it was nice to spend a solid chunk of a day with my two K-Bere Brothers.  I left them completely exhausted!!!

No comments: