As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Following in the Footsteps of Popeye

Today's one dish wonder -- my Lean, Green Popeye Supreme.  It consist of the following:
CHICKEN BREASTS
I use two packages of precooked smoked lean chicken.
One package is 200g.  It packs an impressive 58-62g of protein and only 4g of carbs.
PRECOOKED RICE
Here are my carbs!!! Love my carbs!
I try to stay away from white rice but I received a sample of these and well, with the extra chicken and veggies in them, I kind of got hooked on them, plus I've been needing to up my carb intake lately so this fit.
A TON OF SPINACH
Spinach is my go-to veggie that I absolutely love, love, L-O-V-E because I can put it in just about anything and it's loaded with grade A goodness.  For the meal I made today, I used a full grocery bag worth because you can never have too many veggies and this particular meal would be split into smaller meals for the day.
SOMETHING TO COOK ON IT
Our coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy is turning out to be quite the multi-functional fixture in our club and it's absolutely perfect for cooking my one dish wonders on, that is as long as no one dips into it.  Pyen Chi acts as my security here, protecting my food but also secretly hoping it'll fall over for her to gobble up.
As you can see, the massive hill of veggies, chicken and rice quickly lose mass as it cooks.
And, when enjoying this one dish wonder, be sure to add the following:
ONE KOREAN HOTTIE
You'll need the hottie to share it with you and perhaps compliment you on your inventive meal that is just oh so delish and as wonderful as it is to smell as it is to have sit in the bottom of your tummy.
And for dessert... some toasted oranges?!  Yes, that's right.  Don't knock it until you've tried it.

No comments: