As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Opening a Can of Crazy... Friday, December 13

Lately I've been having a reoccurring dream, three times to be exact and that's just in the past week or so, and my dream is about Pyen Chi.  Now everyone who knows me knows my love for my four-legged friends, my preference to hangout with them over most I meet and how I've even tried to incorporate them more into other aspects of my life.  Pyen Chi works at Hulk's in the cold weather while Balboa works at the club when it's hot and Pacquiao is in training to become my running partner.  So it was only expected that my four-legged friends, considering how big of a part they play in my everyday life, find their way into my night time dreams.  I keep on having this one particular dream about Pyen Chi and in it I've reached a level of mean like none other.  Here is my dream...

The setting, I'm at my parents' house out in Canada and Pyen Chi is with me.  Pyen Chi is sitting outside the front door with her leash attached to it. Some kids pass her by and she starts to bark.  Annoyed with her barking, one of the kids then repeatedly tries to kick Pyen Chi. 

[This is where the whole new level of mean me enters in the scene.]

I grab the kicking kid and next thing I know it I'm back in Korea, back at Hulk's and am tying him up to one of the ceiling beams where I then let my club members practice their kicks on him.  How mean am I?!  Oh very, woozers.  But we don't even do kickboxing at Hulk's, I know strange right! 

I saw a quote once that read something along the line of "Mess with my dog and I will open a can of crazy you've never seen before".  Was my dream me opening up such a can of crazy?! Maybe.  Can't say I'll ever dish the mad cash to fly you back to Korea with me and then change my boxing club into a kickboxing club, but touch my dog, any one of my dogs, and I WILL touch you back.

No comments: