As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Train Hard, Eat Clean, Play Dirty... Repeat

Word of the wise, please don't bring DIRTY food into our club.
If clean eating is all about healthy food than junk food and anything that isn't healthy, is dirty eating.  I'm not trying to be a harda$$ about what you eat, everything in moderation, but such foods showing up on almost a daily bases shows me that either members don't care or members aren't listening.
Note, these chicken wings sat on the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy for a long time.
I don't want my members to be afraid of eating such foods, I just want them to understand the importance of eating healthy.  It's really not worth an hour of boxing for a handful of chicken wings.  They don't taste that good.
I am definitely anti-fried foods and more and more these days I'm eating a lot of raw foods, like this.
This is a plate of raw seasoned beef.  It's loaded with garlic and it just pure delish.
Some steak ended up joining our late night table as more K-Crew boys joined our table.
Burned off all that meat with some 2am ping-pong and batting cage action.
In other news... Mouse Doctor showed up wanting to spar tonight so Snickers stepped in the ring.
Snickers' handicap in the ring was he could only use one arm, hence why only the one glove.
He still beat Mouse Doctor, hands down... or should I say HAND down.

No comments: