As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

For the Love of Boxing and Adidas


I'm on doctor's orders not to exercise but I want to exercise.
I don't need to exercise, I mean my body could use the break, but I'm going rather stir crazy.
So until I take at least a couple of days off training, for now I'll preoccupy myself with an email conversation between Adidas France/Hong Kong and Adidas Korea regarding the following two boxing boots:
Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Shoes > Trainers
The Adidas Tygun boxing boot.

Adidas ADIPower Boxing Boot - Red

The Adidas Adipower boxing boot.

I have a pair of the Tygun boots in black and white and I've happily worn thrown my first pair of them but now I'm needing new boots -- boots that fit.

Awhile back Adidas sent me the Tygun boots but in mens sizing so they were a bit large, none the less I used them.  But ever since I've laid eyes on the Adipower boxing boot, it's been love at first sight.  Considering I am on my feet all day at the club, the mesh matterial of them is perfect for keeping my feet cozy but also not sweaty.  And the hard spine on the back of the boot, absolutely perfect for my weak ankle that I scored in my scooter accident and via mountain side HIIT running.

No comments: