As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

For the Love of Great Squats

Today was LEG DAY!!!! 
[enter me doing my happy dance at the start of the work day but me doing more of a donkey wobble at the end of it because leg day was just that good]
Today's crossfit circuit class was a pain in the butt, literally and they loved it.
Am guilty here of totally bribing two young high school Hulkies to a sports drink and a Raw Rev 100 snack bar if they successfully complete my leg pyramid.
The pyramid went as follows:
15 goblet squats, 15 Bulgarian split squats (left leg), 15 Bulgarian split squats (right leg), followed by one jog around the boxing club.  When the returned to their starting position, they then did 14 each of the 3 exercise... then 13, 12, 11, 10..... all the way until they did only 1 of each.
Starting at 15 and working down to 0 means they do 120 reps of each 3 exercise, thus 360 reps.
Ohhhh leg day at Hulk's.  Trust me, EVERYONE knew it was leg day today and EVERYONE felt it too.

No comments: