As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Losing the Last Laugh... Wednesday, September 17

Yesterday I ran 11.78kms and then did the Hulk's Fitness Challenge -- the goblet squat challenge.  I woke up today with sore legs but when my workout buddy showed up for training, he reminded me that we had switched our training days and today was legs day.  Great, just great.  So to get him back and score the last laugh, I created this new exercise style called "100's Up".  To do 100's Up, you pick one exercise and do a 100 reps of it -- 5 sets of 20.  You wouldn't do this for every exercise in your routine because, well, that's just overkill and your muscles would just be too exhausted.  Today we picked the simple squat and I started.  I did my first set of 20 reps and then when I was done he did his.  My resting period in between sets is dependent on how long he takes to do his set. I pumped out my squats, no problem, which meant he had a bit of a problem dealing with such a short rest period in between his.  

"What's this called?" he asked.
"In English, we'd call it... revenge".
"I think you just got beat by a girl... an old girl too!" I laughed.
"Friday will be my revenge day", and on that note I stopped laughing because he's right.  This Friday he and I are doing our official count for the Hulk's Fitness Challenge.  Tuesday's trial run was just a cruel attempt at using and abusing my already sore runner's legs from that day's 12km run.    

No comments: