As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Off to Granny's House We Go

Even Granny Kim loves her protein.
Here we are enjoying a massive pot of delish chicken soup with all the fixings.
I wasn't quite ready for the camera to snap the shot but I thought I'd add it in here because it's the only picture that really captured how smiley and giddy Granny Kim honestly is.

I'm convinced Granny Kim will be the talk of her village now that she's added an American girl friend to her list of friends, my marathon guru friend/Hulkie.  This particular restuarant has never had any other foreigner except for me because it's rather out there so they were loving the lunch scene.
Checked out the haunted house by Granny Kim's house and actually went into it, well one of the rooms.  It's a traditional Korean house with low ceilings and small rooms branching off main ones.
Snickers refused to come with us so just my friend and I checked it out.  She seemed braver than me because, to be truthfully honest, my heart was racing when I stepped into it.
Next on our day out with Granny Kim was hitting the factory outlet.
Here's Snickers and Granny Kim relaxing in the ghettebo while my friend and I continued to shop.
We definitely shopped till we dropped so after shopping we all took a nap at Granny Kim's house.
We all lined up for pics with Granny and this is the one I liked the most.
She never seems to smile for any of our goodbye shots but I think it's because she already starts to miss us before we leave.  When we leave, she always stands there watching our car until she can't see her and we always stop in the road up ahead to look back and get one last glimpse of her.

No comments: