As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 10, 2014

A Packed Day of Places and Things to Do

First on my list of places to go was the seamstress where my uniform was being created.
I think I may have thrown these quiet ladies for a loop when I decided to strip down and try on the uniform right in front of them all.  I'm actually quite conservative with showing my body but at this point I really don't care.  This time next week I'll be stripping down in front of press, the boxing commission and fellow boxers and their coaches.  May as well get in some last minute practice with it... hahaha.
Next on my list was to visit the printers.
Check out the machines behind him, very cool to watch in action!
Today's lunch out marks my last meal out with my sponsor and probably my last big meal before after weigh-in next week.  Wow told me he'd treat me to anything and everything I wanted to eat today but was surprised when I picked his restaurant.
Raw beef bibimbap is my absolute favourite Korean dish and his restaurant 
just happens to make the most delish dish of it around.
I am a huge fan of their raw beef, so much so that they brought out an 
additional plate of raw beef for me... sweet!
While we were waiting for the printers to finish with my uniform, 
we headed out to a friend's cafe by Dankook lake and talked business.
My fight uniform.
I got both a white one and black one made but am nervous about the white one becoming totally see through from sweating during my fight so it was an easy decision to go with the black.
I'm not 100% happy with it however.  My name isn't exactly centered right and due to the skirt alterations, the crop top is a bit too long.  I suspect I'll probably just tuck it into my sports bra on fight day.  I'm way too picky, I know, but considering the mad money dropped on this uniform, I think it's fair to say I deserve to be.  Uniforms are not cheap!!!
Oh... who's that?!  It's my Busan champ buddy, now officially going by the English name Tommy!!!  I think I'll call him Tommy-Toes the Champ, because he's super small like the tommy toe tomatoes my mom used to grow in our garden.  I think we're both fighting in Thailand at 50kgs so to teased him today about being so small, telling him that I didn't really need to bring any clothes with me to Thailand because I could just wear his... hahaha.  I told Snickers I was going to steal his in-your-face bright orange Adidas pants... hahaha.
Hulk's was closed today but it didn't stop Hulkies and friends from dropping by.
While some called to ask when we'd be returning to the club, others simply sat outside on our doorstep and waited for us... how sweet are they?!  Oh very!!!
And after a super busy day of places to go, people to see and things to do, we finally managed to squeeze in some relaxing time.  Here we are trying to enjoy a movie after some late night training.  Honestly though, I think we only got through 40mins of it before the three of us crashed for the night.

No comments: