As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Gifts and Getting Gifts

Our Christmas fireplace display was finally completed today and our Advent calender is loaded with gifts and is up and ready to for kick off on Monday.  I am all too excited about this too because it'll be exciting to see member's faces as they open a gift each day.
This calender is our way of sharing Christmas with our members and a means of trying to give back  to them even just a smidgen of our appreciation of what they have given us -- their support, memories and friendship...and of course their hardcore impressive training that's always as fun as it is intense.
No sooner did I finally get our Advent calender gifts wrapped and up but then more gifts rolled into Hulk's.  Today one of our members who is a sales rep for Hite beer emptied a backpack worth of hot packs for us to hand out and another box of Cheonan walnut cakes was given to us.
Another box of cookies got dropped off for us to share with our Hulkies.
I try not to encourage members to bring in sinfully-delish foods that aren't exactly clean eating approved but, oh gosh, I can't resit dduk!  More dduk arrived.  And eggs, finally a super clean eating snack arrived.  Yesterday we received some hardboiled eggs and today we got more... cool!!!
My kryptonite... bread.  I don't know if members are doing this to me, bringing in bread, because they know I can't resist it and are getting kicks off me struggling to resit or what but I ended up sending one member home with a bag full of bread.  "Take this away from me", I told him, "it's evil to my eyes"... hahaha.

No comments: