As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Off to Granny Kim's House to Surprise Her

Jumped in Magna Storm and off Snickers and I drove -- destination Granny Kim's house.
Granny Kim is one of my favourite people in Korea so it was fun surprising her.
We took her out for a delish lunch together.
And then we returned to treat her coworkers with some snacks and news that we were officially kidnapping Granny Kim for the rest of the day.
While Snickers was in buying some stuff for Grandpa Kim's tomb visit, I made a new friend.  He was a gorgeous Chow Chow and so super sweet to me.
After a little ceremony for Grandpa Kim, the three of us sat at the foot of his tomb together.
This was my favourite moment with Granny Kim today.
My legs but her hands on them.  She kept on telling me my legs were strong so I flexed them for her and every time I did that she'd smile and giggle.
Granny Kim always giggles at me but today Snickers piggy backing me around her village, well, she just thought that was one of the silliest things she's seen.  Her neighbors voiced the same thing too but we didn't care.
This was my favourite moment with Snickers today.
He didn't know I liked being piggy backed so much.  Proof that even after 5 years of marriage, 6 years together, we're still learning things about each other.

No comments: