As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

A Twist in my Usual Tuesday

Started my day off with this fabulous, fierce female -- Danger D.
Once or twice a week I stepped into the ring to go a few rounds with her and it's great to see her improving and building upon the skills she has.  It also gives me a chance to up my game and really focus on more specific aspects, like combos and defence.
Anyone remember this blast from the past guy?!
Today was flat out weird in that I ran into a lot of random people I knew while commuting.  I still somewhat feel like a tourist when I run into friends but today I ran into some long time no see people, like this guy.
My boy J is from my past, my university days, but he's still very much a part of my present days too.  Love this guy.  Today I met up with him for lunch.  He was looking all pretty and I was all scruffy from boxing, nice.
And speaking of boxing, I ran into this fabulous lady on the bus.  She takes my Boxfit classes and running into her on the bus made for a very fun ride up crazy Bathurst.

No comments: