As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Cooking Up some Strong, Clean Fuel

Did some batch cooking of chicken, rice and broccoli today.
First up was preparing the chicken -- spicy chicken and garlic herb, lemon zest chicken.
I popped them in the oven.
Laugh as you may but when I put them in the oven I couldn't help but stare and smile.  I only had one or two friends in Korea who actually had a full size oven so now I feel spoiled.  I hope I never forget Korea in that I am so blessed with what I have here.
Viola, my prepared food.  Truthfully though, this excessive amount of chicken and whatnot will probably be gone in two days.  I may train like a machine but I eat like a beast.  Food is fuel for the body, don't forget that!
Fueling up before tonight's training.
I had updated my Facebook status, noting that I was having a rough day and Ginger Spice stepped up to cheer me up.  She's pretty awesome like that.  Love that lady.
Side note:  No, I didn't frisbee any weight tonight at any meathead... hahaha.
But I did kill that heavy bag.  It was my victim and I let out all my stress on it tonight.
Punching is my therapy.
The long commute home is also therapy for me too.
I live about 30mins from both Systems and Hardknocks Boxing but almost an hour from Clancy's Boxing.  The commute to training lets me get my head in the game, organize my thoughts with what I'll be focusing in on at training and the ride home lets me unwind and think over what went down at training.

No comments: