As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Eggs, Coffee and a Beast in the Sun

I'm all about my breakfast, I never miss it, so it should be no surprise that a friend randomly showing up with early morning coffee means me bringing my breakfast outside.
I may live in the ghettos but when I eat my breakfast curbside I eat out of Chinaware... yup.  Hey, I may be a starving athlete but I have a 170+ piece Chinaware set.  It's impressive.
Caught up on some computer work and Internet research with the help of 
my handsome little four-legged boy, Balboa Button.
Answering fan emails though tired him out.  Note that he's not actually allowed on my
white couches but today I let him get away with it.
In the afternoon I met this stunning beast of a man, Apollo.
He's a 90lb American Bulldog who had come to the park for some pool play.
Apollo was hot so his owner let him jump in the nearby fountain.  Some old Greek men seemed to have a problem with it and threatened to call the cops.  I stepped in and told the man to amuse us all and call the cops.  The cops aren't going to care and they probably won't even come.  I love Canada but someone always has to spoil the fun in this country, seriously.  Canada is way too into each other's business, it's brutal.  In Korea there's seriously way too many people to care what everyone is doing so it works and it works at much steadier, faster flow.  If this were Korea, no one would have said anything.  Perhaps only a couple of dozen people would have snapped pics on their phone but that's about it.

No comments: