As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Smiley Face but a Brain Working on Overtime

Headed up to North York to meet up with a new group I've joined 
-- a Korean language exchange group.
Today they were hosting a massive Sports Day so I brought the Captain with me.
There were about 30+ of us.  We had a good, solid crew of hyper, happy folks.
Kickball -- Blue team vs Red team.
I was on the Blue team, the Captain was on the red.  
Blue kicked Red so I literally kicked the Captain... hahahaha.
Then it was time for food... totally Korean food too.
Only would a Korean serve hot, unhealthy food on an exceptionally hot, nasty day.
Hot food on a hot day, call me crazy but this doesn't right... hahaha.
Ya, you eat that food Captain.... no thanks for me!!!
I dabbled with some of the food they offered.  This dish was shared by the two of us and I pretty much stuck to the kimbap. The Captain enjoyed the food but I ventured away from the crowd for some real food. Bought some chicken, rice and one massive grilled tomato.

No comments: