As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Busy with Business and Training... Tuesday, July 12

The flow of good news coming into my life continued into today but so did the bad vibes and shock of what happened to me last night.  I opened up about it at a business meeting today and no sooner had I opened my mouth about it did I regret doing so.  I regretted talking about it not because it wasn't professional, oh please.  I'm super comfortable being open and frank.  Instead, I regretted it because it was acknowledging he had power over me.  He had got to me, deep under my skin, and I struggled to shake it.

"One day it'll be a funny story we can all laugh about but not just yet", I said.  It still hurts.

I had a business with Clancy's Boxing today and I always enjoy our chats together.  I see a lot of myself in the manager.  She's a fierce little one who is full of innovative ideas and goals, I love that.  She has also lived in Asia for a while too, she lived in Japan, so she sports that go-get-it-done rapid speed mentality.  She asked me about Flipside Fitness, bounced some ideas around about that and then talked about a future potential opportunity for me.  

Mark my words, if there is ANYONE I'd ever pair up with to work with it'd be her.  She is exactly who I was in Korea, very successful and all about work, but I think she balances her personal life and business life much better than I did.  Mine was nonexistent while she never really reveals hers.  She keeps her personal life personal, I respect that. 

I'm on good terms with Snickers now.  It's odd but it's true.  We chat like buddies and now he calls me on KakaoTalk all the time.  We joke about Canada and Korea.  I complained to him today about how slow things are here in the North but was sure to remind him that I'm so much happier here.  I'm blessed to be here.  Doesn't mean I don't wish Canada would pick up the pace and function at the rate of Korea.  

Coach Perez is off in Halifax at a training camp because he has a fight coming up on August 6th.  This means I'm on my own planning my own training schedule till he returns.  Am planning on going to Clancy's more and joining Cabbagetown for their Friday Fight Club Night.  Oh how I miss training with those ladies.  Always hard training mixed with awesome positive vibes!  I miss Coach Perez already but I know him doing this training camp is what is best for him.  He's always so busy training everyone else so I'm glad he's getting to focus on just him.  

Headed off to System to train tonight and killed it on back and biceps.  I showed up super late for training which means my workout continued until the front desk gal told me to pack it up and leave. Left the gym and what should happen but a particular super sweet friend surprised me by picking me up on his crotch rocket, the Silver Bullet.  Nice.

No comments: