As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Making the Most of The Moisties... Sunday, August 28

I spent my morning in church, early afternoon at a coffee shop, late afternoon at Riverdale Park, and evening in a condo in Yorkville.

"And you say you never go out!", Poo joked to me today.

I had seen a handful of friends and had ingested way too much caffeine but the best moment of my day was sitting in that condo, joking around and giggling over how to make the perfect cheat day snack.

I introduce to you "The Moistie". 

Ingredients:
2 ginger snap cookies
1 ripe banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter

Directions:
1.  Spread the peanut butter on both the ginger snap cookies.
2.  Cut the banana and place it however strategically you'd like on one of the buttered cookies.
3.  Place the second buttered cookie on top; it's the "lid" of the sandwich.
4.  Bite down, enjoy, and say "thank you Amy for sharing!"

I'd argue that making this the first time, discovering this super delish cheat snackie, and making it a second time won't be as enjoyable so I'm already looking for a follow-up snackie.  But you, you can go ahead and try making this snackie.  I'd also like to argue that your Moistie won't be nearly as superb as my Moistie because of who I made mine for and enjoyed it with.  If I were to add a third ingredient into the mix I'd add a tall, dark and handsome man who's as disgustingly adorable as he is brilliant -- a man who smiles and laughs just as much as me.  But sorry, finding an equivalent to the one I enjoyed my Moistie with will be immensely difficult so perhaps my suggestion would be for you to not even try.  Stick with just enjoying the Moistie on your own and, until you find "him", don't share! 

No comments: