As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Party at My House, Apparently... Friday, August 19

So much for a quiet night in, just Balboa, me, and Netflix... damn.

I was at the pool, doing my laps, when this all started to unfold itself.  You see, my roommate the Jamaican Beauty had recently traveled to Jamaica for a trip when much to her surprise she met a stunningly handsome man.  "They're in love", is what her cousin said when I asked about this guy.  And so she, my roommate, believes this could be love, sweet.  Anyways, so this weekend she returned to Jamaica to visit this hunk-of-hunk of burning love, leaving me home alone with Balboa... and Netflix.  

One thing, she said she was leaving her key for her cousin.

I didn't know if this meant her cousin was picking stuff up she had left before or was crashing one night this weekend, regardless I knew enough to expect her over.  What I didn't expect though was her coming over with friends.

I was laying on the couch when in she walked, her little party of three with their beers, hyperness and eagerness to rock this Friday night away.  Now I like her cousin, don't get me wrong.  She's a gorgeous gal with an ultra bubbly personality and the friends she travels with are always equally sweet to me but that wasn't the issue.  The issue was that she was a house guest who brought her own house guests to my house.  I tried to make the best of a bad situation but I wasn't cool with the unexpected arrival of her party.

No comments: