As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Poolside Protection... Tuesday, August 23

Today I took some of my boxing gear down to the pool. I wrapped the life guard's hands up in some handwraps, put his hands snug into a pair of my 12oz gloves and then began my first boxing lesson with him.

I worked on teaching him some proper form with the basics -- his stance and 1,2.

I think he liked it. He surely flattered me after with asking me how I could possibly do this every day for a few hours... hahaha.

After doing my boxing lesson with him, I then jumped into the pool to do my 60 laps and then headed off to Clancy's Boxing for team training and core conditioning, 7:30pm to 8:30pm.

No comments: