As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 26, 2016

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y got My Hair Did

After almost four months of being delinquent with getting my hair done, I finally was able to
make the trek out to Whitby to get my hair cut and dyed.
 Looking fresh and feeling fabulous, I then made the trek back to Toronto.

 Now to maintain this and not let another four months go by before I get it done again!!!
I posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook after getting into a chat with some dude waiting at the Go Train station for the same train I was taking.  He had asked me what my job was.  I told him I was a pro boxer and he responded by saying I was "too pretty to be a boxer".  That's my pet peeve, people who make it sound as if being ugly is a prerequisite for being a fighter.  I've yet to meet a physically ugly fighter and, come to think of it, my top four picks for the prettiest women here in Canada are ALL fighters.

No comments: