As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

In Canada But Still No Real Freedom... Thursday, September 8

I'm always curious as to who reads my homepage here and why they do so. 

A lot of what I write gets either censored or omitted, I know and I appologize.  I'd be more than happy to expand upon this and tell you why exactly that is but I'm sure most of you smartie pants have figured it out, put the pieces together, and know why.  For those who don't know why the censoring and omitting of things, well, I guess that's for you to not know for now, sorry.  Sorry again that is.  

I'm hoping to be more open but for the time being I can't.

My homepage started off as a means of sharing my life in Korea with friends and family in Canada -- people I left behind when I left this country.  But it's become much more than that.  It's been running for about 12 years now and has very much become a medium I use to express myself, disect my day and make sense of the world and situations I'm in.  Having said this though, it's picked up quite the readership and occassionally I am approached and asked if I am "that Flipside Girl".  Yes, that is me.  Google Cheonan, South Korea and my homepage comes up so it's no real wonder why new foreigners venturing to come live in the small city of Cheonan should so easily find out about me in their search for more info about Cheonan online.  Then there's those in Canada who really could care less about Cheonan but instead have met me and Googled me. 

I'm so very Googleable... I know it's not a real word but I'll use it here.

I'm so Googleable so my homepage has taken on numbers well beyond what it did when I lived in Korea, hence the need to censor things.  There are many things I can't talk about for the simple fact that I really don't know who reads my homepage. Things I can't talk about, for example, include Snickers and my year of sponsorship here in Canada being officially done.  I am still very much in contact with Snickers, there are some weeks when we talk almost every day, and my sponsorship has continued despite August 5th being the one year finish date. 

I can't talk about the future of me and Snickers or me and Hulk's Club because of the present situation involving such relationships, such connections, and legal matters attached to them.  Know that, understand that and please respect that.  But know this, in time I very much plan to be more open and blunt with what I write, I just legally am not able to.

No comments: